Enhancing Civil Society Engagement in the Work of UNEP
Strategy Paper for CPR
4. Legislative and Financial Implications
4.1. Legislative Implications
- Rule 69 of the GC Rules of Procedure require revision as per recommendation under item 3.2, above.
- GC decision 19/32 will require amendment in order to establish the Global Environment NGO Forum (GENGOF).
- GC Rules of Procedure may require revision to allow GENGOF to table draft decisions at the Governing Council.
- Accreditation procedures will need to be reviewed to reflect the revised Rule 69.
4.2. Financial Implications
- Budget will need to be allocated through the NGOs/CS Unit to support meetings and other operations of the GENGOF.
- Budget allocation required for Regional Offices support to CSO regional networks.
- Minimal resources needed for capacity-building activities of NGOs/CS Unit.
- External resources will need to be solicited for the CSO Trust Fund.
- Increased core budget is required for the NGOs/CS Unit.