3. State ecological policy main directions
The main directions for the state ecological policy are:
3.1. Providing for ecologically safe energy production development
State ecological policy in the field of energy includes:
- priority for the state support and subsidies of the energy saving technologies;
- reduction of the energy consumption level by the producing industry to the level of the EU countries
- energy loss reduction during production and transport
- priority of the state support and subsidies for the energy production using renewable sources
- development of the new ecologically sound ways to produce energy
- raising the safety level of the NPPs (nuclear power plants) already in use; refuse the construction of the new NPPs using current technologies; closing of the existing NPPs.
3.2. Providing for the ecological safety of the industry development.
Among main state policy directions in this field:
- support of the development and introduction of the energy and resource-saving technologies
- priority for the industry branches with high raw material processing level and involving intellectual work;
- support for the low level waste producing technologies, forming industrial groups providing for closed cycle production;
- development of the industry for previously produced waste processing;
- priority for the long term service and in-service modified goods, suitable for reprocessing;
- refuse to place "dirty technologies" threatening country health and environment within the country;
- introduction of the producers responsibility for the product during all its cycle of life;
- application of the principle of the waste storage and processing in the place of origin relating to the dangerous wastes and products (like nuclear or chemical industry waste) ;
- introduction of the ecological certification system of the producers, their produce and waste.
3.3. Organization of the nature resources sustainable use:
- to provide for the equality of the nature resource use for the present and future generations
- state support for the waste reprocessing and useful compound use of the wastes produced in previous years;
- providing for reproduction of the renewable resources;
- support for environment friendly (organic) forms of agriculture;
- support of the natural soil richness, development of the field and soil- protective forestry;
- preservation and development of the new, (acquired through natural selection process, free of genetic engineering) breeds of plants and animals;
- state support for the transition from monocultures to multicultures;
- support for the traditional environmentally sound nature use forms
- transition to environmentally sound management in game, fish and forestry (enforcing the principle - grow first, then harvest) , development of the aquaculture
- creation and reconstruction of the conditions for trade animal and fish species reproduction, especially those shrinking in numbers because of over use or environment changes.
3.4. Providing for ecologically safe transport development
The main directions in this field are:
- development of in-city public transportation as basic, having advantage before private, means of transportation;
- support for production of the resource saving, environment-friendly cars;
- providing for energy saving, environmentally clean air transport;
- providing for environmental safety of the pipelines
- providing for environmental safety and gradual stop of the use of the ship nuclear reactors.
3.5. Territorial environmental policy
The main directions of the regional environmental policy are:
- concentration of the present and emerging industries at the territories already transformed by the industrial activities and within the territories with good infrastructure;
- the environmental limits of territory are to be observed while new industrial or other objects are constructed;
- priority should be given to the development, serving needs of the local population;
- reservation and conservation of the territories little disturbed or undisturbed by the development;
- prevention of the fragmentation of the natural or close to natural territories while infrastructure development (railroads, highways, pipelines etc).
3.6. Protection of the human health related to environmental conditions
The main activities in population health protection are:
- providing for the safety of food, water and air;
- providing for the safety of goods, household appliances and housing itself;
- preventing and suppressing activities leading to dangerous environmental pollution;
- defining and rehabilitating environmentally damaged territories and territories of ecological disasters;
- providing for rehabilitation of the persons suffered as the result of environmental violation, including breakdowns and disasters, or as the result of work in dangerous industry.
3.7. Civic society as ecological policy instrument
Main directions for civic society development are:
- support for public participation in discussion and making of decisions that affect theor rights and freedoms, their interests, health, life and environment
- providing for the priority of public environmental interests before interest of business or authorities;
- establishing favorable conditions for the charity activities
- establishing favorable conditions for tradiotional indigenous natural nature use;
- providing for alternative service (instead of army) at the environment-related entities for the ecological policy implementation
3.8. Natural and cultural heritage conservation
The main directions for natural and cultural heritage conservation are:
- providing for preservation of all natural variety of the country;
- preservation and development of specially protected territory system;
- preservation and broadening of the history and culture reserves system, historical zones within cities and towns, historical and cultural monuments of the peoples living in Russia
- development and realization of the activity system aimed on conservation of rear and endangered species, conservation of the diversity of landscapes and ecosystems;
- preventing from penetrating into country's ecosystem organisms that may damage natural and agricultural systems, genetically modified organisms to be named among the most dangerous ones;
- development and implementation of the systemic measures on conservation and creating conditions for survival of wild animals and plants within developed and urban areas.
3.9. Ecological safety of military armed forces and space activities
To provide for the ecological safety of military armed forces and space activities the following is to be done:
- state and public control over the ecological safety of military forces and space activities should be ensured;
- within the entities responsible for safety establishing of special environment units aimed on prevention of activities endangering environment and health;
- providing for population interest and safety priority while decision making about armaments' and other dangerous objects demolishment sites; разоружение, однако - disarmament ...
- providing for the rehabilitation and restoration of the territories polluted as the result of nuclear testing, military activities, spaces activities etc.
3.10. Participation in transnational problem solutions
In this area the following is necessary:
- providing for Russia's active participation in fulfilling international agreements on environment protection;
- providing for ecological safety, environment and resources protection while common waters use that are under several countries authority;
- active participation in processes and negotiations, aimed on reduction of spending on armaments, on non-proliferation, refuse from development and use of arms dangerous for environment;
- understanding of Russia's global environmental functions while participating in international economical relations;
- involvement of international forces and means in demolishing or reconstruction of radioactive and other pollution sources of seas, oceans, air, trnasboundary land;
- involvement of international community for conservation and restoration of Russian natural un- or little disturbed territories having global significance;
- ensuring Russia's interests and ecological safety in connection to participation in international agreements and organizations;
- active participation in international negotiations and processes, aimed on prevention of transaboundary movement of products and organisms that may harm population and environment.